Dirk graduated from VU University of Amsterdam (LLB, LLM) and from Cornell Law School (LLM) where he specialized in Corporate, Finance and Securities law. Dirk started practicing practicing law with DeWaardSinke Advocaten in 2014 and was one of the founding partners at VIOTTA Advocaten in October 2018.
Dirk specializes in corporate law, advising on corporate law issues, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments (private equity and venture capital), commercial contracts and start-up companies. Most of his practice consists of advising in the commercial law practice and for mergers & acquisitions. Dirk advises medium and large-sized companies, as well as investors and start-ups.
- Dirk was a committee member of the Anglo-Dutch Exchange 2016; and
- board member and President of the Board of the Young Bar Association of Amsterdam from 2016 to 2018.
Representative matters Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and PE Investments.
- Advised YourDesq in pre-seed and seed investment by group of investors
- Advised Xsens Technologies in financing round by Eastward Fund Management, LLC
- Advised Xsens Technologies in financing round by Silicon Valley Bank
- Advised Mess Holding with sale of Ayla B.V. by Hell’s Kitchen Horeca Group
- Advised company with APA to buyer in meat processing industry
- Advised Quality Tailors in merger with Julioli Fashion into Fredericks & Herderson
- Advised Vicky.One in Series A round by group of investors
- Advised mCube on acquisition of Xsense
- Advised Harbour BioMed on acquisition of Harbour Antibodies
- Advised Management and Workers on acquisition of Panteia B.V. from Stichting Panteia
- Advised MC Groep on acquisition of Slotervaart
- Advised Wimog B.V. and Winter with sale of real estate to Superstone N.V.
- Advised DCH B.V. with acquisition of medical practice Oswald B.V.
- Advised Wimog B.V. and Pumax B.V. with the sale of Lokaliften B.V. to AML B.V.